The Electrical Industrial Complex--The Electric Black Widow--is sucking California ratepayers dry and wrapping the ecosystem in transmission lines
Friday, May 16, 2008
Map of C3ETP route through Wonder Valley, Squaw Valley
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
These are the same maps that you have on savethefoothills.com. The maps are outdated and this map is very unprofessional. I have been at a few meeting and PGE seems to have very clean and professional maps. Can you please update the maps. I give my full support to the save the foothills. Thanks
I'll see what I can do about some new maps. Unfortunately PG&E doesn't just hand their maps over, and the new maps aren't available generally on the internet. The maps of PG&E's http://c3etproject.com are also out of date. The only way we have of presenting the newest maps is by surreptiously photographing them at meetings and photoshopping them. Of course, if you have access to digital copies of these maps, feel free to send them to me via email, and I will post them here.
Also, you can't trust PG&E's maps. I have seen several examples of how they used their maps to intimidate people. On one map of the Watts Valley area, a strange dogleg of the route was included so as to go over one of our supporter's home. This was reflected only in that map, which I could not get a copy of. I have never seen this bizarre dogleg on another map, which I believe was created as dysinformation.
BTW, unlike PG&E, we are not "professional." We're just regular folks trying to protect our property and the Sierra foothills. That's a strength, not a weakness.
We don't have access to these newest maps because PG&E doesn't give them out. If you (anonymous) have access, please send them to me and I will post them. I will post a photo I took of the newest Squaw Valley map, but that's about the best I can do.
I will add that PG&E's maps are often dysinformation. I saw, for example, a map that had been created apparently to intimidate one of our members. It was in the possession of one of the environmental contractors working for PG&E, and I have not seen the map since. It had a strange dogleg in the route so as to go over the home of one of our supporters. I laughed when I saw it because I knew immediately what it was. This kind of behavior is typical of PG&E. The point is that while their work may be "professional" and look very slick, it is often false. So please don't let "professionalism" fool you.
We may not be "professional." We don't have the kind of money PG&E has to look slick. We are just regular folks trying to protect our property and the foothills. Our lack of "professionalism" is a plus, not a minus.
The Sierra Nevada foothills have been a part of me and I a part of them since before I was born. The scent of blue curl in the late summer and fall and of smoke from an oak fire in late fall and winter carry me back to my earliest memories in Watts Valley and Burrough Valley.
I believe that these mountains deserve more than to be treated as mere property. They must be protected and properly managed because they were here long before we came, and they are likely to be here long after we are gone. The earliest human inhabitants treated these hills as they should be treated--as part of a spiritual totality in which all of the universe is holy. They lived sustainably. They used the plentiful resources, but they did not take what could not be replaced.
Sadly, the settlers who came here in the 19th century did not follow the Native Americans' good example. The descendents of these settlers and others who have immigrated since have scarred the mountains perhaps irreparably in their blind and arrogant quest for mere profit in a society where everything is for sale.
3 comments:
These are the same maps that you have on savethefoothills.com. The maps are outdated and this map is very unprofessional. I have been at a few meeting and PGE seems to have very clean and professional maps. Can you please update the maps. I give my full support to the save the foothills. Thanks
I'll see what I can do about some new maps. Unfortunately PG&E doesn't just hand their maps over, and the new maps aren't available generally on the internet. The maps of PG&E's http://c3etproject.com are also out of date. The only way we have of presenting the newest maps is by surreptiously photographing them at meetings and photoshopping them. Of course, if you have access to digital copies of these maps, feel free to send them to me via email, and I will post them here.
Also, you can't trust PG&E's maps. I have seen several examples of how they used their maps to intimidate people. On one map of the Watts Valley area, a strange dogleg of the route was included so as to go over one of our supporter's home. This was reflected only in that map, which I could not get a copy of. I have never seen this bizarre dogleg on another map, which I believe was created as dysinformation.
BTW, unlike PG&E, we are not "professional." We're just regular folks trying to protect our property and the Sierra foothills. That's a strength, not a weakness.
Thanks,
Chip
We don't have access to these newest maps because PG&E doesn't give them out. If you (anonymous) have access, please send them to me and I will post them. I will post a photo I took of the newest Squaw Valley map, but that's about the best I can do.
I will add that PG&E's maps are often dysinformation. I saw, for example, a map that had been created apparently to intimidate one of our members. It was in the possession of one of the environmental contractors working for PG&E, and I have not seen the map since. It had a strange dogleg in the route so as to go over the home of one of our supporters. I laughed when I saw it because I knew immediately what it was. This kind of behavior is typical of PG&E. The point is that while their work may be "professional" and look very slick, it is often false. So please don't let "professionalism" fool you.
We may not be "professional." We don't have the kind of money PG&E has to look slick. We are just regular folks trying to protect our property and the foothills. Our lack of "professionalism" is a plus, not a minus.
Chip
Post a Comment